Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sept 21: We're Off to See the Wizard

Early on in our getting to know each other, S had mentioned to me that she and her 2 besties get together once a month for a ladies day.  They had been planning to go see The Wizard of Oz since it was being released on the big screen in 3D.  S asked me if I'd be interested (she would need to check with her friends of course).  I said I would, and asked if so, would it also be ok if I brought a friend?  You see, while making these plans S and I still had not met each other yet in person.  I was nervous enough about meeting her, let alone breaking into her group of friends!

So, 2 weeks after meeting in person, we went out to the movie and then to dinner.  Fortunately, no one grilled me, and vice versa.  It was a lighthearted hangout, and we had a nice time.  When her friend H met me, the first words out of her mouth were, "I can definitely see the resemblance."

So, less than a month after first contact, I got to see my sister twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment